This is our Chicago apartment. The place we call home. Or called I supposed. Moving here was such a dream. Leaving our dark garden apartment for a place with hardwood floors and light. So much light! Michael found it on Craigslist and knew it was the one before we even saw it. We walked in, looked around for 5 minutes and decided to take it. Followed our instincts like old champs.
We asked them to paint the walls white, they used to be yellow, and what a grand difference it was. Is there anything better in a home than a crisp white wall? I'm convinced not. The ceilings were tall! We had a washer and dryer! A dishwasher! Luxury city living. Our apartment always smelled a touch like coffee. The smell from Starbucks seeping up through the floor. At first it was weird but then it was just home. A welcome smell. The aroma of coffee embraced by two non coffee drinkers.
We had dreams of installing built in bookcases and buying a new couch, but now we will dream of those items for a new space. Our time here was cut a little short with our sudden move to Dallas, but I am thankful for the time we had and the memories that we made. So here are a few photos. I took pictures with my real camera, but it is somewhere in storage and I am feeling nostalgic today. Maybe I'll update them later. A little tiny tour, of our little tiny Chicago apartment. iPhone only.
More photos after the break AND I am also including the listing that Michael wrote in order to find someone to take over our lease after the break because it was hilarious and I want to remember it.
Great apartment in Roscoe Village (just west of Lakeview and north of Bucktown) available because of job relocation.
We love this place and wish we weren't leaving, but our crushing sadness is your gain.
- $1500/month paid to the management company (includes parking spot)
- 2 bedrooms (although the second bedroom is smaller - might be cramped with a queen sized bed, we currently use it for an office).
- 1 large, newly renovated bathroom. Good water pressure.
- Open floor plan with living room, dining room, and kitchen all connecting. Great for entertaining.
- High ceilings - making it feel much larger than it actually is, especially if you are a giant, like myself.
- Wooden floors - nice enough, but not brand new.
- Dish washer, nice oven and microwave.
- In unit washer and dryer (have you ever experienced true luxury?)
- Central air (heating and AC) - like I said, luxury.
- Great natural lighting with big windows in the living room.
- Okay storage space, nice big closet in the master bedroom, with a closet in the second bedroom, as well as storage in back stairway.
- Right above a starbucks.
- Walking distance of Roscoe Village restaurants and shops on Roscoe Street, as well as our personal favorite: Tony's Burrito on Damen. Torta's for 6 bucks, you know?
- Close to all kinds of action: bars, restaurants, large regal IMAX theater, and lots more as you go closer to the water.
- Easy access to the Belmont bus, 15 minute-ish ride to either the blue/red/brown lines to get downtown or to O'Hare (if you're the adventurous traveling type).
- Only two apartments in the building (neighbor is very nice) and just starbucks below - so no one to stomp around on top of you or make a ton of noise, or to complain if you want to make noise for that matter.
- The management company is fantastic. We haven't had any real problems but when we've needed anything they are always responsive and take care of things quickly.
- 2.2 miles from the lake, and a stones throw from Target, Costco, Mariano's, several Jewel Osco's, and pretty much anything else your heart desires.
Seriously, we love this place. Looking to have someone take over as of March 1st.
Will primarily be showing on weekends, but give me a call and we can work something out if you want to come take a look or if you have any other questions.